The Muster Committee has agreed that the Muster will have a year off in 2016.
There will be a lot going on in Newport Pagnell this year (including the English Civil War Society bringing Pike and Musket, Cannon and Horse to Bury Field on the August Bank Holiday weekend) and we would like to take the opportunity to refresh and renew the Muster to continue to make it successful in the future.
The current committee will meet again in October or November to discuss what next and we will publish the date of the meeting so that you can attend and let us know what you think.
In the meantime, thank you for your support for the Muster since its inception in 2009 – and thank you to all the Muster committee members over the years who have brought you the Muster and made it a successful community event.
You can find other pages on this website by clicking links, clicking a tab at the top of each page, or clicking on a subject in the menu on the left hand side of each page.
Stimpsons Eves have provided and erected the road side signs advertising the Muster.
We are always looking for people to join our dedicated team. So if you would like to join us, please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Muster Key Objectives
The Muster promotes health, charity and FUN. We also have a number of other objectives outlined below.
- Demonstrate the benefits of Bury Field as a well-used amenity
- Provide an opportunity to raise funds for worthy causes, particularly those in Newport Pagnell
- Provide an opportunity to improve personal health and exercise
- Attract visitors to the town, enhancing its trade and reputation
- Broaden general education and local history knowledge
- Enrich community pride and foster greater involvement